Corn Smut and Drip Lines




I know this may seem ugly, but the Corn Fungi here is nutritious and an old Native American Spice when dried and a soup made in Mexico. The soup I tried.

It was tasty and something I would make again.
I used the corn smut as directed although I had only half a cup of Smut.
I didn't have chicken broth so I used veg broth.
I also added some yellow corn to the mix.

It was dark Grey and very good.
Mushroomy and smooth. Here is the recipe.

http://www.mykoweb.com/recipes/mn_mar92.html


















As an impromtu experiment.
This first plant (the control) was planted with the other two but with no dripline.
Its about 6" tall after 2 months. All have been sprayed twice with Fish Juice. No compost tea.

These next two had a drip line on for 60 minutes, two days a week. 1 gallon/hour.
One is 18" tall. They get the same watering as all the plants on the circuit.
The control plant got its own drip line today. 1 gph. Yea!

Comments

Popular Posts